The Chrysler Town & Country luxury station wagon was made between 1941 and 1942 and again after the war. Indeed it remained in production until well into the 1980s. Available as a four door saloon, as the name suggests, it was styled either with a wood body or metal designed to look like wood. The manufacturers recommended varnishing the Honduran mahogany every six months! Either way, it was a very popular finish in estate wagons of the time. Remarkably, the four door vehicle housed eight to nine passengers and rear loading could be accessed from double doors that opened out at the centre at the back of the vehicle. Furnished with a straight six engine, the car was manufactured at the Chrysler works in Detroit. Because of the US entering the war, less than 1000 vehicles had been produced.